Saturday, November 15, 2008

Insecurities

Recent events took me back just a little. I'm in the beginnings of a new relationship as I have already stated in a previous post which is great. Don't get me wrong, its going pretty good with him and I but the inside is rather disturbed. I'm realizing insecurities that I thought I had overcome.

I usually over think everything, or at least that's what my intimate friends have told me and I can't say I disagree. I'm a thinker, it comes so naturally but I am attempting to try something new. I want to "let it flow" like Toni Braxton proclaimed in this song:

Jazmine Sullivan claimed that she wasn't scared of lions tigers and bears but she was scared of loving the guy that she felt loved her. Is love worth the risk? Is the hope of a warm body and even warmer smile worth the danger of a broken heart and an even more broken spirit? Some would argue no and yet even more [in my opinion] would argue less.

Insecurities and past hurts aside I am planning to follow Eric Benet's lead and "let my heart take its chances just to be loved by you." I want to be loved and in order to be loved we have to master our fears and pray and hope that it plays out. So on that note...I'm going to step out on faith and hope for the best.

No comments: