Saturday, January 16, 2010

Living Single

This is an update. A youtube video will be coming as well.

Basically, Keemy is now single after 9 wonderful months. My ex and I are still friends of course. Which is a part of the reason for the break up. In hindsight, we could have probably prevented this had we not been so impatient with the "niggas" of the world. But I believe that we both came out of the relationship with lessons learned.

I'm not rushing myself to be in another relationship because I am young. The past nine months enabled me to realize that I am not ready for the "married" life. I'm also not a casual sex/hook up person either though I have tried in the past. I desire to have what Alicia Keys called "wreckless love". Not that I plan on being wreckless but I want to have that spark, that chemistry, that passion, that connection that being in love can provide. Granted, I don't want to be in love all by myself. So like I said..I'm not rushing anything.

This chapter in my life just helped me to realize that you never know what your future holds...and for that matter, you never know who may hold you in the future.

I love my best friend/ex with all my heart and he will always have a place in my life so long as he wants to be there. I'm doin' just fine ya'll. Thanks for the concern and messages checking up on me. I appreciate them. Much love.

2 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING JUST GRAND DARLING!

Mentally Uplifted said...

awww this is cute, well written and glad you put this up on twitter!!!!