Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pretty Wings

I have been trying so hard to ignore the nagging sensation to write about the song "Pretty Wings" by Maxwell. I do not believe Maxwell could have come back with a more phenomenal melody than "Pretty Wings".

This song captures the duplicity of love that I wrote about in a previous post. The brave petrification of love. I find it brave to "set someone free" instead of being selfish and holding onto someone when you know they can never give you what you need no matter how much you love them. Its both courageous and frightening, both admirable and regrettable.

"Oh, you played me dirty, your game was so bad
You toyed with my affection
Had to fill out my prescription for the remedy
I had to set you free.
Away from me
To see clearly
The way that love can be
when you are not with me
I had to lead
I had to live
I had to leave
I had to love"

This song is so emotional. It's like a bondage and freedom simultaneously.And let's not even mention the vocals which were deplorably awesome.

How do you feel about this song?

No matter what you think all I can do is close my eyes and vibe to:

"Ah, I should've showed you
Better nights, better times
Better days, and I miss you more and more
If I can't have you
Let love set you free
To fly your pretty wings around.
Pretty wings, your pretty wings, your
Pretty wings. Pretty wings around."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're take on it is beautiful as well.. its so hard to hear this song it brings me to tears